I have been confined to the walls of my dorm room for the past 48 hours. No really. I haven’t been outside in 2 days. I have gazed outside from my room, but that is as much interaction as I have had with the world. Anyways, I figured I would take this opportunity to blog. It is going to be a jumbled mess because my thought process changes every 5 seconds, but what is new?
Well, it is exactly one month until I come home. Mixed feelings for sure. I will be so ready to get home and see my family and friends, but at the same time Maastricht has become my home and I don’t know if I am really ready to leave. Yes, we technically have a month in Europe, but I only have 2 more days in here in Maastricht. Weird to think about. And also sad. I have met so many cool people here and we have so many memories together. It will be strange to not eat dinner with them every night or see them in the hall. [terrible segway into my next topic of discussion] Oh, I finished packing for my month long trip this afternoon. Talk about stressful. This whole week has been stressful….last minute hostel bookings, getting all the travel plans together, packing, studying for 2 tests, and a presentation. I have been a little overwhelmed. Anyways, I fit an entire months worth of clothes, toiletries and shoes into a backpack. ANDDD that it only weighs 17.8 pounds :) I am thoroughly impressed with myself considering I ALWAYS overpack. I plan to buy more clothes and souvenirs along the way so I wanted to allow space in my backpack to do so.
I finished my third final tonight! YES! It is crazy to think that all my friends back home are just now taking midterms….and I only have one more final to take on Wednesday. Sounds good to me :)
Since I have been making posts about the things that I miss about America, I figured I would name some things that I absolutely adore about Europe and in particular Maastricht:
- Nothing is rushed.
- I have learned to SLOW down and enjoy everyday for what it is worth.
- The market in downtown Maastricht.
- The calmness, yet craziness of this quaint little city, that I call home.
- Highlander and Shamrock.
- Train rides. (believe it or not I will miss them)
- Walking everywhere and not being lazy.
- Bringing your own bag to the grocery store…they obviously care about the earth haha
- Family dinners every single night.
- The granola at breakfast.
- The independence.
- ISIS (pizza and fries)
- Not being attached to my phone all the time. It is nice to enjoy the people you are with.
- Erlend de Groot. Miss that guy.
- My dorm room bed. It is seriously the best thing when you come back from a long weekend/ when you are really tired/ anytime of the day.
- Living like a minimalist.
- My OVChipkaart.
- And last but not least…..SHOARMA!
The list could go on and on, but I will stop there.
As I promised this post was random, but thats how my thoughts are right now. All scrambled and such.
Cinque Terre, Italy. November 6-8. Yes. :)